Personal Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information to operate the Site and provide the Service, including:
• Your name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, and other personal information.
• Financial information, including your social security number, income, and net worth.
• Copies of your tax returns, brokerage statements, W-2 forms, and other financial documents.
• Your user name and password.
• Information to confirm your identity, such as a completed electronic check transaction or a credit report.
• Your W-9 form.
• Information to confirm your place of residence.
• Information about your use of the Site.
• Information about your computer configuration.
• Information to confirm your relationship with other parties associated with the Site.
• Information about your bank accounts or other sources of payment.
• Your IP address.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
• Verify that you are permitted to use and invest through the Site and the Service.
• Present and personalize the Site for you.
• Help track your investments.
• Assist in our anti-fraud efforts.
• Comply with applicable law.
• Respond to your questions.
• Protect our rights and in connection with our general business administrative and oversight purposes.
• Send personal information to third parties as outlined below.
• Process your transactions at the Site.
• Determine whether your computer information is compatible with the Site.
• Keep track of your use of the Site.
• Send you information about your investments.
• Notify you of other possible investments in which you might have an interest.
• Analyze use of the Site.
• Improve the Site.
• Send you information about the Site.
• Send you materials about us.
• Use for other purposes we disclose to you.
What We Provide To Third Parties
We do not provide any third party with any of your personal information except in these situations:
• Upon your request.
• We use third parties to perform services for the Site, such as hosting services, electronic signature providers, electronic payment service providers, and services that verify the qualification of investors. Each of these third parties will need to view, maintain, store, or otherwise use some of your personal and/or financial information to perform their services for the Site.
• If you invest, we will identify you on tax returns and other government forms.
• We will provide information if we believe we are required to do so by law.
• If our Company or an Affiliate is sold, including if all of our Company’s or Affiliate’s interests in an investment related to one of your specific investments, all of your information may be transferred to our successor.
• If you choose to participate in discussions or messages boards at the Site, other users will be able to see your full name (but not any other personal information) and any other information you voluntarily provide to be seen. We do not provide any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
• To confirm your registration.
• To provide you with legal notices.
• To notify you of new investment opportunities.
• When the online profile you created is changed.
• To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback.
• To confirm your investment in a project.
• To ask you for information.
You may also receive emails from third party providers.
Modifying and Deleting Personal Information
You may request that we modify or delete your personal information by loggin in and updating your profile. Even if you request deletion or modification, we may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
How We Protect Your Information
We have put in place systems designed to protect your personal information, including:
• We employ a secure channel, using Secure Sockets Layer encryption, the standard for secure Internet network connections, to protect information exchanged over the Internet between your web browser and our servers.
• We use automated tools to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, or otherwise seek to gain unauthorized entry into our systems.
• We take additional steps to protect especially sensitive information.
• In general, we use the same level of data encryption that is used by banks. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the internet, no security system is perfect. We cannot guaranty that your personal information will remain private or secure.
We or our service providers (such as Google Analytics) may collect data related to your use of the Service, including which of our pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences. This data collection may be accomplished by using cookies, web beacons, page tags or similar electronic tools. Such web surfing data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Site. Web surfing data and similar information may be used for administrative purposes, to assess the usage, value, and performance of our online products and services, and to improve your experience with the Service. As with cookies, the web surfing information collected is aggregated, anonymous "click stream" and transactional data, and is not associated with any users as individuals.
If you would prefer not to see advertising based on your personal preferences, you can change your personal settings in your Google account (look for “Ad Settings”) or visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative located at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to request participating websites to not track your browsing.
Third Party Sites
Complaints and Suggestions
Please send your privacy-related complaints and suggestions to:
700 W 47th Street, Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64112